Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Been a While

Well I haven't updated in a week or so. I think the last time I left you, I was getting over the whole friend having a baby thing. I'm still in about the same place. It's not making my cry my eyes out like it was, but I still feel that twinge of jealousy.

In other news, I ran into an old friend who is pregnant with her 3rd child. Don't even get me started on this...Oy. Her 2 kids (boy, 2, girl, 8 months) are the most precious things I have ever seen! I want to be around babies and kids so much that I actually offered to babysit for her ANYTIME she needs me to, free of charge! I'm hoping she calls me soon!

I did get a baby fix the other day though. SO and I went to his 7 year old cousins birthday party. And there, was a beautiful 13 month old little girl. I mean, she was breathtaking! And I cried. I cried not because I was sad. And I didn't burst into tears in front of everyone either. I went into the restroom and just cried a little. I cried because as soon as that little girl saw me, She reached for me and wanted me to hold her. She has never seen me before in her life. I held her for practically the whole party. This touched me in such a way, I can't even begin to explain. It was almost like a sign from God...Like saying "Ashley, you ARE meant to be a mother. And you will be one day." A feeling of comfort washed over me. And that's why I cried. Because I know deep down, one day I WILL have a baby of my own. And nevermind the fact that SO got a hold of her too. Seeing that big man (6'2" 230 lbs) holding this tiny little thing, with a huge grin on his face and a strange sparkle in his eye was just so endearing. He's going to be a great dad one day.

Meanwhile...Healthcare Reform. How bout it? I'm personally disgusted and canno't believe something like this has come to pass. But such is politics. Let the chips fall where they may!

2 comments:

  1. How much soy are you taking? My sister's RE won't put her on clomid for 2 more months and I'm trying to convince her to try soy until then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking the 80 mg to start out. I wanted to start on the lowest dose Basically cause I'm not TTC yet, just experimenting to see if I can actually O for when I am TTC! I really think it worked as my temps have been in the 98's!

    ReplyDelete