Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

These boots were made for walking

And that's just what they'll do! And it's what I've been doing for the last week. There is a youtube user who I have subscribed to, and she has recently started a weight loss journey after having a baby. Her username is Familyofthreenow and she is very inspiring! She posts daily vlogs on exactly what she has eaten for the day! She is 23 days in and has already lost over 10 lbs! She talks about a walking DVD that she is using. She raved about it and said she felt awesome after doing. The DVD's are by Leslie Sansone.

You all know I've been struggling with weight loss since I stared this blog. In fact, my intentions for this blog was to be about losing weight to beat my disease PCOS. But it turned into more of a personal diary then chronicling weight loss. But watching her youtube videos inspired me to finally do something about it. So last week I went to Walmart and picked up a couple of the Leslie Sansone DVD's. Now, I HATE working out. I loathe it. I hate that feeling of being out of breath and tired. But I was determined to give this a try. So I did. And I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!

The workouts are simple, yet intense. It's not just walking in place. She has you doing a bunch of aerobic moves as well. But it's nothing too complicated. See, I'm not a very coordinated person. I can't pat my head and rub my belly at the same time. But her moves are easy and effective. I bought two 3 mile DVD's. The first one is just a simple warm up, then increasing speed for 3 miles. I did that one for the first few days. The second one is a faster warmup for the first 5 minutes, and then you break into an intense fast paced walk for 3 miles. I LOVE this one. And she always has you do some stretching at the end.

I've already lost 3 lbs since starting the walking!! I've been doing the full 3 miles first thing in the morning, and then at night sometime after dinner. I feel so amazing during the day and it's been helping me to sleep at night!

Tonight, I was so pumped up from doing the 3 miles that when I was done, I actually went upstairs to the office and asked J if he would help me do some sit-ups and push ups. He kinda looked at me with that deer in headlights look. I don't think he thought it was really me. He probably thought it was some weird, motivated robot of the Ashley he knows and loves. But I was so pumped and wanted to work out some more!

Leslie said something in her DVD that really make me think..... "If you can get out of bed in the morning and walk to your tv, or your computer...YOU ARE HEALTHY ENOUGH TO WALK!" Amen sister! This makes me think of certain people I know who are all "Ohhhhh but I aaaaaache. My bones hurt. My joints hurt" Well DUH! It's cause you're not moving! Get up and move and see how quickly your health will perk up, and how much better you feel!

This is the start of a brand new Ashley! I'm already feeling great, and I have been making healthier choices with eating as well! Size 5, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment