Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ooooh BABY!

Well folks....It's 4 am on Wednesday January 19th 2011. I am sitting here next to 3 pregnancy tests. 1 First response, 1 dollar store, and 1 digital. And looking at it, I see 4 lines and one "pregnant"! J AND I ARE UNEXPECTEDLY EXPECTING!!!!!!!!! I had to wait to make this blog public until we told some people close to us who read this!

Completely shocked, but excited are we!

I had an inkling I might be pregnant. My period was late (which really isnt unusual because of the PCOS) my boobs were so sore I couldn't wear a bra half the time, and I had been getting this strange fluttering and jumping in my uterus area. So I took a test. Now, I was wary at first because I picked up the test from the dollar store and it came with 2 tests. The first one I took, I guess I pee'd on too much or too little because it was inconclusive. No control line showed up. The second one I took around 9 at night after holding my pee, and got a strong positive! I wasn't sure though....I mean...the first test had been faulty...Maybe this one was as well?

So I went to sleep, woke up at 2:30 am with back pain and having to pee really bad (another sign...I have NEVER had to wake up in the middle of the night to pee) so I decided I needed to know FOR SURE. I Went to the 24 hour store up the road and bought a first response, and a digital. I took the first response first....hmmm..... no line was showing up...Yep, I knew it...Test was faulty. But I took the digital too just in case... By the time I had peed on that stick, I looked back at the FR and there was a light line! Noticeable, but light! Then I looked back at the digital and saw the word "Pregnant" I nearly fainted!!!

J is nervous but excited. As am I. This isnt something we were planning for right now, but possibly a year or so down the road. But, it was in God's plan for us to be parents now! I'm hoping and praying this is a sticky little butterfly (We are calling the baby butterfly because of all the fluttering it's causing in my uterus!) and that we do not have to go through another horrible miscarriage. But, I have a good feeling about this. I *feel* pregnant, where as last time, I did not.

I have wanted and prayed for this for so long...Maybe not right at this very moment, but I have prayed to God to one day bless me with a child. And God listened. We are over the moon excited!

And for those of you who are friends with us on facebook...Please refrain from saying anything just yet. We haven't told everyone in the family yet as we are waiting until after the appointment which is on Thursday the 27th!

Will post details on Drs. Appointments and such when I get them! I can't believe I am saying this, but...This is now a Pregnancy blog. GAHHHH! Praise God!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Ashley!!! Some of your fb status updates had me wondering this week!!! So happy for you and J and I cannot wait to follow your pregnancy! Lots of sticky thoughts heading your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete