Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

We are Family

What a freaking weekend this has been. The events that have taken place this weekend are the kind of thing that you just sit down, look back on, and think "Did this really just happen?"

SO and I have been very happy in our cozy little home, just the 2 of us. When he first moved in, my best friend was my roomate. So it didn't really feel like OUR place, you know? Then she decided to go back to school and move back in with her parents while doing so, to save money. SO and I were so happy to finally be able to call it our place! Things had been great since February. It's been pure bliss....The this weekend happened.

My mother lives with my Grandmother. My Grandmother has been sick for the last few years and unable to take care of herself. My mom does everything for her, cooks, cleans, takes care of all bills, errands...etc... Since the day my mom moved in, she's been treated like SHIT by my Grandmother. I won't go into the details of what she's had to pull up with, but it's been pretty terrible. Well, finally things came to a head on Thursday night.

An argument between them insued pertaining to my moms little brother...the youngest of all 5 kids. Now, my Grandmother treats him like he's still sucking her tit. She pays his mortgage every month, paid for ALL 4 of his weddings, paid for his latest honeymoon to mexico, paid for his latest wife's engagement ring, sends him a check every month for at leats 2k...It's insane. And then she turns around and cries poor saying she can't help anyone else...

Now you can't say ANYTHING bad or negative about him, or there will be hell to pay. And I guess my mother did. Well my "Sick" Grandmother apparently had enough strength to push my mom down the steps!!! HOLY HELL!! So my mom, falling backwards, as a natural reflex grabbed onto her wrists. My Grandmother decided to use this to her advantage and CALLED THE POLICE claiming she was being abused.

The police saw no signs of physical abuse...and honestly, they noticed that my Grandmother's story just didnt add up. So they didnt do anything to my mom. But now my mom has moved in with SO and I. *sigh*

Don't get me wrong...I'm not mad at my mom or anything. I mean, what kind of daughter would I be to let my mother stay in an environment like that? But at the same time...SO and I were finally getting really settled...taking about marriage, a family, all that. I don't know how this will affect things now. But hopefully it's just temporary...We shall see!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about this. I'm glad your mom is ok though and I'm sure things will work out ok. Just think, once you start trying and then get that BFP your mom will be there to help with your sweet little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. I am so sorry Ashley!

    ReplyDelete