Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Slowly but surely.

What a shitty day out. Really. It's cold and rainy. I want the sun back!!

This weekend was one of the best most productive weekends I've had in a long time.

Are ya ready for this little anecdote?

Saturday J and I went and ran a few errands. Then we stopped at the mall just for something to do. Were walking along, having a grand ol' time and we pass by the Zales store. J says to me "You want to go in and look?" I just stared at him with my jaw on the floor. Didn't we just have tift the other day because I thought you were thinking about proposing but you really werent? I managed to mumble a "yeah sure I guess" So I was just looking around and browsing...And then, I saw it....The ring I had seen J looking at online for his friend. So of course a salesman comes over and sees me eyeing it and pulls it out and puts it on my finger...I swear I heard Angels sing. It looked like it was made for my finger. Even J said later "It looked "effing" amazing on you". The poor guy had to practically pry it off of my finger! I didn't want to give it back! The sales guy wrote down all the info on the ring, and J stuck it in his wallet....So WTH am I supposed to think now?! I'm just going to pass it off as J just wanting to see me light up like a Christmas tree. I have to stop over-analyzing things so much. It will happen when it happens.
Saturday night was spent cleaning. It occured to me that I haven't really taken any recent pics of the house! I only got some of the kitchen before my phone died (I really need to invest in a nice camera) so for your viewing pleasure.....

Dining room table with hutch in background


Close up of my little make-shift centerpiece.



Close up of the Hutch and the BEAUTIFUL Dogwood pattern china J's Grandmother bought for us. I'll have to get a better shot of those later.





And the Kitchen....Where I spend most of my time (In case you couldn't tell!)

I'll be posting pics of the rest of the house as soon as I get a hot minute (and hopefully a better camera)

Sunday night J's parents came over for dinner. They are truly some of the most amazing people I have ever met. So down to earth and laid back but so family-oriented. Not to mention J has the sweetest most wonderful Grandparents in the world! They are more like Grandparents to me then my own!

I made my famous Pizza Rustica (Italian Easter Pie) and it was delicious! Maybe I should start posting my recipes on here?? Hmmm...I think I shall!

I made 3 whole pies! Between all of us we finished off 1 and I sent the other 2 home with J's parents. See, I'm sticking to my diet! I'm a good girl!

Speaking of diet, I can see a difference in myself already. My clothes are starting to not be as tight. I'm also taking a multi-vitamin and I am noticing I have a lot more energy then I did before! WOOHOO!

This turned out to be a long blog...Long enough I think!! I'll get more pics up soon!

2 comments: