Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Miracles, And Day 3 4 and 5

With all the excitement of the season, I completely for

got to come on here and update my 30 day project! But first I'll talk about Christmas.

This has been the most amazing Christmas ever. As if being with my and J's family wasn't wonderful enough, I got an extra surprise this year. First, on Christmas Eve we went to a party at my Aunt's house. It was great! lots of great food, family, and gifts! My mama got me the Paula Dean cookware set that I have been DYING for for ages, and J gave me a gorgeous diamond snowflake necklace. My Aunt also handmade me a beautiful trinket box, complete with my very own helicopter! (See my 21st birthday post if you dont get the reference!)

Christmas Morning we went to J's Grandparents house for a yummy breakfast. His Grandmother knows how to make a slammin Mimosa! They gave me a gorgeous cake plate (something I have been wanting forever!) and some cute little pot holders that go perfectly with my kitchen! I dont have pictures of those yet, but I will eventually.

Then we were off to dinner at J's parents. Talk about a yummy feast. Ribs, ham, potatoes, fruit salad, a million different desserts...MMMMM! A good time was had by all! His mom got me an Eagles Jersey that says Pebbles, and J a Redskins Jersey that says Bam Bam! And we both got number 7 because it's our lucky number! Perfect!!!


After we got home, is when I got my special surprise. I logged on to facebook as I usually do, and I saw I had a message. I opened it up, and it was from my estranged brother. It basically just said "Merry Christmas, I love you very much. Can you please forgive me for all the time that has gone by?" I started bawling and just collapsed into J's arms. I was so happy. I had been wishing and hoping and praying that someday, somehow, I would be reunited with him. And it truly was a Christmas miracle! I couldn't have asked for a better gift!


Day 3- Favorite TV show: I have too many. Buffy the Vampire Slayer will always be a favorite. And Days of Our Lives will always be my favorite soap opera. But I also love shows like Intervention and Hoarders.

Day 4- Favorite Book: Well, the Twilight Series, DUH! I'm currently reading Decision Points by George W. Bush and am LOVING it. I miss that man so SO much.

Day 5- Favorite quote: A get a lot of my quotes from songs that fill me with such inspiration. I shared one earlier in my favorite song sections. I also love "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"

Alright, I've babbled on long enough! I have a lot more to update on but I'll save it for later this week. Jeez...Just thinking back to where my life was 2 years ago when I was in an emotionally abusive relationship, had practically no family, and living in Florida in a nightmare house...To where I am today. God has been by my side every minute. I am so blessed.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment