Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Things I don't understand

Tonight, I received an agonizing e-mail. An e-mail I thank my lucky stars I have never had to write.

You know...I bitch and whine a lot about not working right now. Or that I don't currently have a car, or that our move may be postponed by a week or two. But after hearing what I heard tonight, I kind of want to tell myself to 'stfu and get over it, you whiny brat'.

A very dear friend of mine, who is about halfway through her pregnancy with her first child- a little boy, after suffering over 10 miscarriages, found out today that her little boy will probably not survive much longer. He has been diagnosed with a very rare form of Spina-Bifeda. If he is strong enough to make it to term, his life will be very short, and very painful...Full of constant surgeries.

I am so heartbroken for her. There are no words, only tears. This is a cause that hits home to me. I know far too many people who have lost children early on, and I myself have suffered miscarriages.

In a small effort to bring a little hope into her life, I have started a campaign for donations. You can visit the campaign page here. Every little bit helps, and it will NEVER EVER cause the hurt to go away, but I feel it's the least I can do.

I can't even write anymore about this. I just hurt for her...So deeply. Hug your babies extra tight...I know I am.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley,
    Gosh, Sooo happy to see you dropped by !! What a wonderful surprise !! Now, I can keep up with you Josh and beautiful baby M !! She is a DOLL !! And, such a good bay girl she is !! I think of her throwing ALL the spoons on the ground that night, and her delightment in doing soo !!
    You are blessed with such a wonderful family, that truly loves others !! Hard to come by these days !! We had such a wonderful time with ALL of you, and I was soo SAD to leave !!
    Please do come to Cali., and I will get you into Disneyland !! You would have a blast, and there really is alot to do here !! I'll make it happen for you !!
    Take care sweetie, tell Josh hello, and give baby girl a big hug and kiss .. gotta love on her xo
    Have a happy week ... Love ~TAnza~ xo

    ReplyDelete