Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bittersweet Memories

Hopefully we will be moving next weekend. Now that it is right on top of us, I am starting to get sad.

So many things happened in this house. J and I met BECAUSE of this house. A mutual friend was helping my roomate and me move furniture in, and enlisted the help of J. It's where we had our first kiss, our first deep conversation, our first fight...A lot of firsts here. It's also where I found out I was pregnant with Mackenzie, and spent my entire pregnancy; and where we brought our daughter home for the first time. And now we are leaving. So I thought it might be nice to share some of my fondest memories of the time we spent here, through pictures.


September 2009- Welcome home!

Living room- J would later be sitting where the highboy is, when we first me

Dining Room- Many a game of flip cup were played on that table.
Kitchen- Where I cooked Josh "the meal that made him fall in love with me"
Best friends and roomates: Our first night in the house.

The first of many fun parties.

Our firs picture as a couple...Taken in kitchen
One of Amanda and Chris' first times hanging out. Little did they know....
Our first Christmas
Our deck in one of the 3 blizzards we had in 2010! 50+ inches!
Our first puppy- K.G!
Josh's 19th birthday, with his KG cake!
J doing what he does best! Spring 2010
The gang all together celebrating Amanda's 21st!
Welcome home Rocky & Rambo! August 2010
My 21st birthday surprise from J! A beautiful landscape! September 2010

SURPRISE!! Baby F is on the way! January 2011

38 weeks pregnant- 1 week before her arrival! September 2011
Welcome home, precious one. You are so loved.

Mackenzie's first snow- October 2011
Mackenzie's first halloween!

Mackenzie's first Christmas!
Finally redecorated the dining room! March 2012

Welcome home Lucky Cash! The toughest little pup in the south!

All because two people fell deeply, madly in love





 So, that's it. The last 3 years in pictures. It hurts a little going through them. Knowing that so many who made up these last 3 years, aren't in our lives anymore. And God, do I wish they were. I found a wonderful quote the other day, It says:


"We all lose friends...we lose them in death, to distance and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home when you leave the light on." - Amy Marie Walz

 The location may be changing, but the light is always on, Quacker. However long it takes.

Thank you for all of the memories. Each and every person who walked through this front door, has affected our lives, even if in a small way. I couldn't have asked for a better ride!
















1 comment: