Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Oh, what a difference a day makes!

Remember that whole impatient thing I was talking about? And how I couldn't wait to get the eff out of this house and all that jazz? Yeaaaaah...About that....

 Literally the next night, J drops this bombshell on me that he has been having doubts about moving. He doesn't really want to give up the privacy we have, or the little life we have created here. He's still saving money even with the bills we have to pay, just it might take a little longer. But I mean...We are in our early 20's. Building a house isn't something that many people can do at that age. We have time.

I shared with him that I have been having some doubts too. Mainly about Mackenzie and upsetting the little routine we have going, and being in a totally strange place. She would have to be rooming in with us, and I just don't foresee that working. She likes being totally alone and in pitch black when she goes to sleep. If there is anyone around her, making the slightest bit of noise, she has to be up and looking around. No matter how tired she is, she will stay awake if there is someone in the room with her.

I am a nightowl, and even though I have to get up early, I normally don't go to bed before 1 am. It's not unusual for me to stay up until 3 am. If I weren't in my own house, I would feel so awkward doing this. Sometimes, late at night, I run a bubble bath to relax before bed. The only bathroom in J's parents house is directly across from their bedroom and they sleep with the door open for the dogs...I wouldn't be able to do all the things I normally do.

So, in short, we are NOT moving. And we are staying here! But, there were certain things I made J agree to. I am sick of  living in a house where the things are not my own, and the decor is not my taste. all the furniture and decor except for our bed, our sofas, and the TV is my Mother's. So I made J agree that we can repaint, and decorate for our style, since it looks like were going to be here for a while. He agreed!

So while our house is getting a makeover, so will I. I'm back to work...Yippee!! Just a little part time job. I don't want to go back to work full time. I like being home with Mackenzie. So this will allow for a little extra income, and still plenty of time spent with Little Stink! I'm also starting a BIG transformation that I will share in a couple months. Until then hang tight!!

P.S...Thanks for all the hits, ML =)

No comments:

Post a Comment