Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Feeling Better

I'm sorry about the negative tone of last nights post. I just really needed to vent. Some mutual friends ran into them yesterday and when I heard their names it just set something off in me. But like I said last night....Dead.

Annnnnywho! Anyone have any idea on how to fix my friggin layout?!? It was so pretty before, and how it is all sorts of colors. Boooo.

Mackenzie turned 5 months on the 24th! AHHH! She is teething right now and it has been HELL. She hasn't been eating very well, and sleeping is a nightmare. Since she was about 2 weeks, she was practically sleeping through the night. Now we are lucky to get a 4 hour stretch. She spent the night at Grandma's on Saturday. My MIL said she slept from about 9 until midnight, and then was up through the night and into the morning when we met her at Church. She was sitting on J's lap during the service, and I looked over and all of a sudden saw her head slowly going down. She legit fell asleep while sitting up on J's lap. It was the funniest thing ever! She was only out for about 15 minutes. She woke up when we put her back in the carseat. She stayed up for maybe an hour and fell asleep for about 2.5 hours. Got up, ate, played for a little and then back to sleep for another 2.5 hour nap. Got up around 5, bed at 7, and she only got up once the entire night and stayed asleep until 9 am this morning. It was a glorious night of sleep.

While she has been teething, we have been finding she sleeps better in her swing then in her crib. We have been letting her do this for about 2 weeks now. I just really don't want her getting used to sleeping somewhere besides her crib, because I know that is such a hard habit to break. So tonight, while she was sleeping, I slowly transitioned her from swing to crib. She woke up and whined and fussed. I took her out and we sat in the rocker while she ate about 2 oz. Then I put her back in the crib where she started whining and fussing again. I gave her her little teether to chew on (LOVE it! it is a tad big, but it really seems to help), and just let her go. She whined for about 10 minutes and now she is out like a light. SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully she will sleep for a good while.

In other news, I finally have a laptop again!! You may (or may not, I don't know if I wrote about it) recall that last winter when I was in the beginning of my pregnancy, my laptop shit out on me. I was doing some schoolwork and saving it to a flash drive. J didn't know that if you take out the flashdrive before ejecting properly, it can screw up your hardrive. Well, he knows now. Because when he did that, it went kaput. It wouldn't boot up and would give me an error message. So for Valentines day this year, J was going to get it fixed for me. But the repair shop wanted 50 bucks less then what the damn thing cost to fix it. So they took a trade in, and I got a laptop with a higher processor and more ram, for only 300 bucks. I like it. Not as much as my Acer, but I really don't need a fancy one. I don't upload and need to edit youtube videos, I don't play games. I do school, facebook, e-mail, and blog. The keyboard layout was a little difficult to get used to at first. But now I don't have a problem. The only downside is that it does not have a slot for an SD card. So when I want to put up pics from my camera, or upload videos from my videocamera, I am going to have to get a cardreader. Ahhh well. Small price to pay, I suppose.

So yeah, that is it. I am officially excited for Spring and Summer. We have had no snow this Winter, which has just made the whole season pointless. So now I am ready for flowers and flipflops! I can't wait to landscape our front yard this year! I have so many great ideas. Ahhh the joys of being a professional landscapers woman!

ETA: It's now 3 am and Kenzie has been up and fussing since 1. I succumbed and now she is playing happily in her exersaucer. It's going to be a loooong night.

No comments:

Post a Comment