Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

11 weeks and 3 days

I am so glad today is over. Not because it wasn't a great day, but I am so happy to finally be able to relax!

I had my 3rd appointment today! I have been so nervous up until now because I hadn't seen the baby since 7 weeks. I know far too much about pregnancy, and I know what can happen in those short 4 weeks, even after a heartbeat is detected. I kept having these horrible fears that the Dr. would tell me there was no heartbeat and the baby had stopped growing weeks ago.

Thankfully, it was the exact opposite!

We couldn't hear the heartbeat on the doppler, as it's a little too early yet. So they brought in their ANCIENT sonogram machine. I was holding my breath the entire time. They fired it up and right away I saw the baby, and how big he/she had gotten!! Phew..okay, so at least the baby had grown! And then I saw the heartbeat! Nice and strong at 160 BPM. Thank you God!! Right after I saw the heartbeat, the most amazing thing happened. The Dr. moved the wand around and the picture became a bit more clear. I was able to see the baby's tiny little arms....reach out and stretch and wave to me!! AH! I started to laugh (and cry) and as I laughed, the baby would jump and move around some more. The dr. said "Look! he's saying Hi Mommy!" I of course lost it and cried such happy tears.

That was such an amazing experience. I wish I could have taken a video with my phone but everything happen so fast. I'm measuring exactly right, to the day. So 11 weeks and 3 days with a due date of September 30th! Everything looks great!

I can't believe this is really happening. I mean, I know I'm not 100% out of the words...but the chances now of something happening are less than 1%. I certainly have an angel or 2 watching over us...I know just who they are! Daddy...Your grandbaby will grow up knowing what a wonderful and special Pop-pop they had. Even though they can't see you, they will know that you have and will always be there to watch over them. Thank you for this wonderful blessing!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post!!! It made me cry! I'm so happy for you Ashley!!! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete