Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

"Well look who's here...."

Gotta love Bette Middler in Beaches. One of my favorite movies. It is the movie my dad took my mom to see on their first date. And the song Wind Beneath my Wings is a very special song that my dad and I shared. Gosh, I miss him....

Anyway.... You have every right to say that line in the snarky attitude that Bette gives. I haven't posted in over 3 months! Holy cow! So much has been going on, and to be honest.....I kinda lost interest because we were going through a pretty rough patch and needed some time away to evaluate the situation.

So I am a SAHM again! Unfortunately I lost my job for an absolutely ridiculous reason that was totally their fault. But I took the blame and sheepishly signed my termination paper without a fight. I was so embarrassed and so afraid to go home and tell Josh. But once he heard the reason he totally understood that it was their fault and unfortunately, I was their scapegoat. A part of me was so happy though. It was SO SO busy at work (which plays a big part in why I was let go), and I was working mostly nights (like from 1-9) that by the time I got home, Mackenzie was already sound asleep. I barely got to spend any time with her. I mean...She would get up between 8-9 am. Eat breakfast, watch some DisneyJ.R., or some Hub, play around for a little while. By 11:30-noon she was asking for a nap. And then I had to drop her off by 12:45 at the babysitter. So essentially, I was only getting 3.5-4 hours a day with her. I missed her so much, I would be at work and my heart would just hurt.

So I've been enjoying staying at home with her. But I have always been the type of person that would love to stay at home with my kids forever, but then I would feel extremely guilty about not contributing financially to the household. And using someone else money and credit cards to buy the things we need. So I finally bit the bullet and did what I've been wanting to do for years. I registered for classes at a CC for my CNA. From there, I will enter into the Pre-nursing program and pursue my RN! I really hope to be a Labor and Delivery Nurse one day. I just remember how amazing mine were when I was in labor with Kenzie. And it really inspired me. I wanted to help people like they helped me. So I did it and I start the end of August!

However...I'm also scheduled to have back surgery sometime in August. I don't know the exact date yet, but it is happening. *Sigh*. I have 3 herniated discs now. I did the Physical Therapy....Didn't work.Then I did the spinal injections, and that just made everything 10 times worse! So my Pain Management doctor said I definitely needed surgery and referred me to the surgeon. I see her on the 7th to find out when I'll be having surgery. So this does complicate things a bit. But I will work it out.

Wedding plans are coming together. I have a nice big list of all the things we still have to do. We still need to apply for out marriage license...AHHH! Exactly 14 more weeks! Gee...Deja vu? It's like I'm counting down the weeks until Mackenzie is born all over again.

Speaking of my precious little Flower Girl....She is AMAZING. She talks all the time. I mean...She never stops. She just goes into her own little world and jibber-jabbers about anything and everything. She can say so many words I can't even begin to list all of them. And I mean....Big words...Like "television:'. She is great with words....But we have been working on phrases and forming sentences. So far, she has said "Bless your heart!" HAHAHA. Gotta love a southern belle in training! She also says "night night, daddy! Love you!" when she is going to bed. I casn't think of anything else at the moment. I'm sure she says a lot more but it escapes me. She is actually quite thin and short, which surprises me. Because I'm fat and short, and her dad is "beefy" and tall. Hmmm...I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

So much more has been going on but it's 6:30 and I need to go back to sleep for a little while! I woke up at 3 am and couldn't fall back asleep.

Keep readin'! I promise there is more to come!

Oh! And follow me on Instagram.....I'm kinda into that now!

http://instagram.com/xokenziesmamaxo

No comments:

Post a Comment