Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Where does the time go?

Spring has sprung!! Although, it still feels like winter here. Mother Nature can't seem to make up her mind. I think we are done with the cold weather though. the forecast for the next few weeks is in the mid 60's. Works for me!

I hope everyone who celebrates had a wonderful Easter! It was so much fun this year. Last year Mackenzie was only 6 months old and just kind of laid there like a bump on a log. This year though, she ate glorious food, went on an Easter egg hunt, blew bubbles, and went around the room just charming the pants off everyone in the family. She is exactly like I was when I was a little girl. I was practically raised in restaurants and bars (the nice up-scale bars, not the cheesy hole-in-the-wall ones). I used to just wonder up to people, climb on their lap, and ask them to tell me a story.

J was actually able to join us this year too! Last year he was working. But since he got a new job, he has so much more time off to spend with us. He absolutely loves his new job. I never thought he was going to give up the landscaping because he loved that too. And he was damn good at it. I guess he just got really tired of the crazy hours. He took a slight paycut, but it's really so worth it to have a happy husband (almost)! He'll be getting a decent raise in a couple months anyway, so really it evens out.

Mackenzie is just a ball right now. I swear, her vocabulary grows by leaps and bounds every day. I can't tell you all the words she can say now because there are just too many. She continues to shock me. I had a doctors appointment today, and in the car I said "Mommy has to go to the doctor to get a check up!" and she looked and me and then kept saying "doctor! Doctor!" I couldn't believe it. It was clear as day. She is beginning to put two word scentences together now. If she wants to be picked up she'll say "Up, please." We have been really big on teaching her please and thank you. Also, God bless you is another we have been teaching her. You can never have too many manners!

We finally got rid of the B-O-T-T-L-E. Oh my God, was it a challenge. You'd think the world was coming to an end. Sometimes I would cave and eventually give it to her, but that little sneak J went and threw all the bottles in the garbage! At first, I was getting really concerned because she REFUSED to drink milk from her sippy cup. Juice and water were fine, but no milk. She was hardly taking any in. Of course, we upped her other sources of calcium to make up for it, but still....She is finally starting to get used to having milk in her sippy instead of the bottle. She's still not where I would like her to be, but I'll take it!

Speaking of doctors...I finally am getting all my medical crapola straightened out. When my insurance changed, I had to change doctors because my PCP didn't take my new insurance. I was really bummed because I LOVED my doctor. She didn't make me feel ashamed or like I was a criminal or junkie for needing pain medication to help control my severe sciatica. She actually offered me something stronger and I refused it. I can only take 1 kind of pain medication- Hydrocodone. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING else makes me ill. I also like taking it because I've taken it so often for different medical issues over the years,that I no longer get that loopy feeling. It still does it's job beautifully. But I don't feel like I just took 5 shots of tequila when I take  it. And that is why I will not try anything else. I don't want that feeling. I can't be "high", for lack of a better word, when I work and have a child to take care of.

Anywho- Saw my new doctor today. Got my AD's changed, and I finally got my order for an MRI to see whether or not I do indeed have a slipped disc in my back. He also ordered me a back brace he wants me to wear at work. That should help a ton. He wrote me a script for the pain medication too, but I'm trying to hold off on that to see if the back brace helps any. We shall see!

There are only 6 months left until the wedding!!! YIKES!! Of course now, there is a bunch of drama surrounding that, that I won't even get in to. Whatever happens, happens. I don't even care. All I care about is at the end of the day, I am his wife, and he is my husband.

That's all for now. I suppose I'll be back in another 2 months to update again!

No comments:

Post a Comment