Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Scentsy Review

So I finally broke down and ordered a Scentsy warmer, and a couple of different scent packs. The warmer I bought is the Heartfelt warmer which looks like

<--------- This






With it, I purchased the scents Warm Apple Pie, Beach, Rio Beach, and Flirtatious. I only really like 2 out of the 4. Warm Apple Pie is a given. It smells wonderfully homey. Like it's Thanksgiving weekend and your Grandma is baking her famous apple pie. But the scent isn't very strong. I can smell it pretty well on my entire first floor, but upstairs I smell nothing. Whenever I burn a candle I can smell it all throughout the house.

The other one I like is the Rio Beach. It doesn't smell like the beach at all to me. Again, it smells very homey and reminds me of Autumn. I don't know where they come up with a beach scent for that. But it does smell good.

Next is Flirtatious. It's a great spring scent. Very floral and sweet. But it kind of just reminds me of when you spray air freshener around your house. The scent is nothing you couldn't get from a bottle of Febreeze.

And last is Beach. I haven't even used this one yet because the scent in the packaging alone makes me gag. I do not like it at all. I can't even describe what it smells like. A mix of wet sand and flowers maybe? It's not for me.

Overall, I am not thrilled with Scentsy and don't really know what all the hype is about. I'm sure there are a bunch more scents that I would love. Happy Birthday is one that comes to mind. But, I just don't know if I am willing to order again and pay the S&H on the off chance that I may like it.

As I said, whenever I burn a candle I can smell it all throughout the house, and for HOURS even after I stop burning it. Yankee Candle is where it's at for me. I did pick up a candle at the grocery store the other day. It's by Village Candle and it's called Maple Butter. Oh my lordness, it is AMAZING. J and I went to dinner and a movie last night and my mom came over to watch Kenzie. She lit the candle when we left, and when we returned 3 hours later, we walked in and it smelled amazing. We blew it out, and even this morning when we woke up, we could still smell it throughout the home. 

So I think I will stick with my favorite Yankee Candles. And for anyone wondering, the YC that I LOVE and burn all year 'round are Hot Apple Cider, Pumpkin Spice, and Autumn Leaves. The only summer scented candle that I LOVE is by Febreeze, and it's a limited edition one called Seaside Escape. It smells like coconuts, oh so good! If you burn any of those, your home is sure to smell amazing and welcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment