Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Holy long time, Batman!

Wow! it's been forever since I updated this thing!!! The last time I updated was a little after 20 weeks.

I am now 24 weeks and have officially reached viability! Yippeee!! Another milestone down. So much has happened in the last 4 weeks, I don't know if I can remember it all!

A little after 22 weeks I had a pretty scary visit to L&D. I was taking a nap, was startled by my phone ringing and tripped over the leg of my coffee table trying to answer it. I went right down on my belly on the hardwood floor. I tried not to panic and just lied on the couch. But then the cramping started, and I freaked. So without missing a beat I drove right to L&D. They took me back and hooked me up to the monitors. Mackenzie's heartbeat was fine, but I was having small contractions about every 10-15 minutes. Yikes! They ordered an U/S, did a cervical check and everything was A okay. The contractions stopped after a little while and they sent me home.

As I was leaving the nurse told me she didn't want to see me back for another 14-18 weeks...I was like HUH WHAT??! That's all I have left?! You're kidding!! So surreal.

I had my follow up U/S on the 8th to get her spine measurements that she was too stubborn to show before. And this time was no exception either. Again, she just did not want to show that little spine! So I go back on the 14th to try again, and for the Fetal Echo. But besides that everything else was measuring perfectly! I found out I have an anterior placenta...No big deal, just means J won't be able to feel her as easily or as soon as he would have if I had a posterior placenta. Doesn't affect her growth at all, just a little extra padding she has to kick through.

Speaking of kick.....Oh my lord this child.....She is NUTS! She loves my bladder. I keep telling her it is not a kickball, or a trampoline, but she doesn't seem to get the hint! She must be a very strong little girl because even with the anterior placenta, I feel her all the freaking time. And it's not like little flutters either. It's full on karate kicks!

Baby shower planning has commenced. My mom and my Grandmother are hosting the shower, but I am doing the planning! I just am too much of a manic planner. I love to plan. Shower will be on July 16th! Just around the corner! I still can't believe this. We ordered the bedding too! Slowly but surely the nursery is coming together.

My hip/pelvic pain has subsided, but it still gives me trouble. I am just not in excruciating pain anymore. It's tolerable now.

I think that pretty much covers all the main things. I'm sure I'm leaving out a heap of stuff, but it's 2 AM, I am tired, but Little Miss here is just jumping away on her in-womb trampoline AKA my bladder! I have a ton of pics to upload. I'll get around to it sometime! Thanks for sticking with me ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment