Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Answered Prayers

So I have been praying to God recently. Not that I don't do it regularly. I usually pray everynight for the health and well being of all my friends and family. But lately, I've been praying for myself.

I asked god to PLEASE give me the strength, courage, and most of all PATIENCE where the whole baby thing is concerned.

Today my prayers were answered.

Because in 2 weeks, I am going to be a Mom.

No I'm not pregnant nor adopting a child.

Remember little baby Edan who was just born? Well her Mom is going to be celebrating her 21st birthday. And then the day after, her other little girl is turning 1. So she called me today and asked me "Hey...would you feel comfortable taking a newborn baby overnight?" I didn't even have to think about it! YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I was elated!! She and her fiance are going out for the night, and I'm keeping Edan so that they can have time to set up for the birthday party without any distractions the next day. Then I'll bring Edan over whenever the party starts.

I get to be a mom for 1 whole day. And it's enough for me. Just 1 blissful day of Motherhood is amazing. I told J I hope she screams and cries all night long and keeps me up. I want the full experience while I have the opportunity! Crazy isn't it?

Obviously, I'm super excited. Probably more excited than a person should be when asked to babysit. A million pictures will be taken to remember this moment.

In other news, I have a job interview tomorrow! I'm not really excited about it because the position isn't great. The money is AMAZING. Like, more than I've ever made before. The only trouble is that it's an air purification company, and my job would entail trying to get customers to set up appointments for Reps. to out to their homes and try to get them to buy these systems. Been there, done that. And it's a HARD job. Especially in this economy. The ad in the paper said "No lay-offs" but that doesn't mean anything. That just means they can TERMINATE you if you aren't producing enough appointments. But a job is a job is a job,, right? I have to TRY. I'm tired of feeling like crap because J is carrying the full weight on his shoulders. Bless his heart, he never complains or acts like he's being taken advantage of. He's very old fashioned in the sense that he believes the man is the provider, which is exactly what he has been doing for the last 2 months.

I think tomorrow will go well though. We shall see! But until then, I'm counting down the seconds until sweet little Edan is here and in her portable crib next to my and J's bed! I probably won't be able to sleep at all that night. I'll just want to watch over her, and watch her sleep.

I'm being ridiculous aren't I?

But I'm HAPPY. And that's what counts!

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, you are going to get plenty of 'Edan's' in time ... enjoy your babysitting. I do hope that your interview goes well.

    So sorry we did not get to talk today ... it would have helped so much. I leave you with this profound thought that has carried us in many moments of life ...

    All good things come in time ... "Abide in Me ..."

    Hugs in love, Mini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job interview- and the overnight babysitting!

    ReplyDelete