Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It really is! I love Christmas time! And being the first Christmas we are married, makes it extra special.

We have just been enjoying doing everything together as a complete family. Putting up and decorating the tree, watching Holiday movies, and our first year doing Elf on the Shelf! Mackenzie has been LOVING seeing where Nelson (that's what she named him) has settled in for the day each morning. This is something I have been so excited to do with her since she was born!

Earlier, I was looking back on all my old blog posts. It's crazy to see how much has changed in the last 5 years. Some good things, some not so good things... But you know, I wouldn't change anything that happened. Everything happens for a reason, and comes with a lesson. I believe there is good in everything and everyone.

Work has been crazy, but in a good way! 12 hours goes by so fast...I blink and it's one o'clock and my day is half over already! When I first started, I was getting really frustrated because I was new and needed to learn all the protocols and where things were. But now that I have been there for almost 2 months, I have settled in to my own routine and am loving it! I love all the patients I take care of (even the crazy ones!), and apparently they are loving me. Sometimes patients get asked to take these surveys after they leave, and I have been mentioned in a couple of them for very good reasons. That always makes me feel good. Sometimes it's hard to relay to a patient that you really do care about them when you have 14 patients to take care of and they all need something at the same time. You try not to make them feel you are rushing. I love to chit-chat with them as I'm doing my work, but sometimes I have to cut it short and move along to the next. And you really do get attached to some of them. I love it when a patient gets to go home, but at the same time I miss seeing them. One lady in particular I have promised to visit her in the home and watch Days of our Lives with her. I plan on keeping that promise too! Very sweet lady!

J is home more often now that it's winter. He goes into the office for a couple hours every day to do maintenance work or paperwork, but unless it snows, he's home with us. We have been loving it! I love this time, because come Spring, we won't see much of him at all. Poor guy works so hard. I'll never understand why a man who is deathly allergic to grass and trees decided to go into the field of lawn maintenance! But he loves what he does and it shows. Actually, one of my patients husbands is a client of J! We got to talking and he mentioned where he worked and I told him my husband's company takes care of their property. Turns out they actually know each other and talk on the phone all the time. He said how great everything looks. J was tickled pink when I told him this. He really takes pride in what he does.

That's pretty much everything that's been going on here. In case I don't post before than, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone reading!

The happy family!
Outside looking in. Such a cozy sight!

 Nelson in his magical bubble bath
Hanging ornaments with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment