Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

It happened.

For the last 3 years, it's something I have written about a lot. Something that I have been impatiently waiting for since I knew that J was the love of my life. And tonight, it finally happened.

WE ARE ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Not only was today my birthday, but J asked me to be his wife!!

We were getting ready to leave for dinner. I was holding Mackenzie in my arms and asked Josh to get her diaper bag which was in front of me. He knelt down on one knee, which I thought odd, and never stood back up. Instead, he grabbed my hand and held it and said:

"Ashley, I was going to wait to do this at dinner, but I couldn't think of a more perfect pace then in our home where we first met and you holding our beautiful daughter. We have so many memories here, and I can't wait to make even more. Will you marry me?"

Then he pulled out the ring, and the tears started flowing. I couldn't freaking believe it. When he first started, I thought he was joking. I was going to KILL him. But no. This was real. It was really happening. It was like a dream. And it was completely NOT how I imagined it. It was so much better.

I am still reeling over it. We celebrated tonight with all of our friends and family. This has been such a perfect day.



The only day that could be more perfect will be on October 26th 2013, when I officially become his wife. Let the wedding planning commence!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment