Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Round and round we go

I was doing SO well on the HCG diet. I lost a total of 8 lbs in about 8 days. Exciting! And then I got a call from my doctor who finally received my medical records from my OBGYN. She saw my history with the cancer scares, and how I am high risk for Ovarian, Uterine, and Cervical cancer. She told me I should stop the HCG drops because they would put me at even higher risk for developing these cancers. Oh great. My cravings had finally stopped and I was really getting into the swing of things with great results, and now I have to stop?? Of course. It's me we are talking about. Things can never go smoothly for me, there has always got to be some complication somewhere.

But there is a glimmer of hope!

I stopped the diet and just started doing low calorie (about 1000 calories a day) vitamins, and exercise. And of course, I didn't drop a single pound. Thank you insulin resistant PCOS!  I was seriously bummed out and feeling hopeless. So I started the research!

After hours of research, basically I found out that it is pretty safe for me to continue the HCG diet. What it boils down to is that legally, my doctor had to let me know the risks of the drops and what could happen. Kind of like on the commercials for medications they say "Certain disorders can increase your risk of  'blank' so consult your doctor before starting this medication". But the actual risk and chances of me getting cancer from taking these drops, even if I am high risk to begin with, is pretty slim-to-none. YES!

So I just finished my 2 days of loading (OMG I WANT TO BARF!) I am back up to 240 lbs after the loading, so I am basically starting all over again. But that's okay! Because it worked before, and it will work again and this time I am not stopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment