Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Good news all around!

Today was my 20 week anatomy scan! I had been waiting for this for day forever!

I am so glad we didn't wait to find out the gender today, because she was being SO stubborn and not showing us the goods for a long while! When she finally did, it wasn't a great shot. But the tech 100% agreed all girl!

When I first lied down on the table and the tech started prodding me with the wand, I started feeling these hard taps right near my belly button. I pointed to the spot on my belly and asked the tech what part of the baby was there. Sure enough, it was her little feet! Kicking away at me! Every time I would watch her kick on the screen, I would feel it on my belly! Such a sweet moment for us.

In short, everything looked perfect! The only measurement they could not get was the spine. She did not want to flip over today! Funny, how at my elective ultrasound all she wanted to show was her spine!

I have to go back in 4 weeks to get the spine measurement. And then in 5 weeks I need to have a Fetal Echo done because I was born with a heart murmur, and they want to keep an eye on her for that. Then after that, I go every 6 weeks for an ultrasound. Those Placental Lakes they found at the NT scan don't look like they will be clearing up. So they need to keep a close watch to make sure Mackenzie is gaining weight properly and her growth isn't being hindered by the lakes.

She was measuring in at 19 weeks exactly, and 10 oz. I should be 19 weeks 5 days but they said she will probably just be a very small baby, and they will not be changing my due date. At my OB appointment on Monday they said my uterus was measuring 20 weeks exactly, so I am still right on track!

We finally ordered and received her crib!!! J will be putting it together tonight and I am so ridiculously excited for this! It makes it all feel very real now. I can't wait to order her bedding and make it look like an actual nursery in there!

Here are just a few pictures from today!

The profile shot

She started sucking her thumb! Another sweet moment captured!


And her little feet!!! I just hope they don't stink like her Daddy!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I am so excited for you!! I am glad things are going well!!

    ReplyDelete