Sunday, November 21, 2010

Not too much to say

I'm trying to stay on top of this blog....Can't believe I've been doing this for almost a year now! This will officially be the longest I have ever kept a blog/diary in my whole life!

It is almost 5 am on Sunday morning, J is sleeping like a little baby....Me? I fell asleep super early and woke up around 3 am and haven't been able to get back to sleep.

Let's see...what's been going on?

J and I just got over a nasty stomach bug....Blech. It started lasted Sunday. Saturday night J and I indulged (overindulged) in a little something called Jagermeister. Naturally we woke up Sunday morning feeling not so hot, but that passed. We went out to lunch at our favorite local Italian place. I got my stromboli, J got his pizza sub. About an hour after returning, J started saying he really didn't feel well. He actually took a 2 hour nap. J NEVER naps during the day. He can't. So I knew something wasn't right. He started feeling worse and worse, poor guy. I went out and got him some gatorade and gave him an anti-nausea pill. He napped some more. Finally about 6 o'clock he went outside for some fresh air. 5 minutes later, I poked my head out the door to see if he was alright...Boy do I have impeccable timing. I peeked out just in time to see the contents of his stomach spilling out over the deck. EWWWWW!

Grossest.thing.ever. Not even kidding. I HATE puke. I actually suffer from something called Emetophobia. It's the fear of vomiting (If you laugh or make fun I'll stick a fork in your eye.) It's actually the fifth most common phobia in the world. I used to have it very bad. If I felt sick to my stomach I would have panic attacks and cry and feel like I couldnt breathe. Ever since my kidney stone (and my introduction to the world of alcohol) I really don't freak out over myself being sick anymore. However, I still have SERIOUS issues with other people getting sick. But this was J.....My strong and tough guy! I hated seeing him like that. So I sucked it up and went outside and rubbed his back and cleaned him up. Poor guy was so sick the rest of the night, he couldn't even stand up from being so weak.

Monday morning I woke up feeling ICKY. And I mean icky. Like the way J had first felt. I went into work though, and was promptly sent home by my boss. I knew it was going to happen. He is one of the rare employers that actually CARES about an employees health and also understand the concept of that if you come to work sick, it will spread like wildfire throughout the office, thus causing half the staff to be out. So home I went. J was already feeling much better by the time I got home. I slept, puked, and slept. And it was over by Tuesday morning.

So that is pretty much it for what has been going on. It was a crazy week at work, but I love it. It's nice to be busy all day long and feel like I am accomplishing something and am worth what I am being paid.

Oh, Friday night J and I went to a little after party for my cousin who just got married at the courthouse yesterday. He and his new wife just found out they are expecting in July! At first, it was hard news to hear. But as J reminded me...A new baby to love on and play with! J and I both had to laugh though. My cousin was introducing us to his friend and he says "And this is my cousin Ashley and her...soon to be....or wait? Husband? You guys are married now right?!" I just said "From your lips to God's ears Stephen!" Do we really act like that old fuddy duddy married couple already?! I think half my family is under the impression that were engaged. When J gave me my pre-engagment ring, and we showed it to my Grandmother, she got this huge smile on her face, hugged Josh and told him "Welcome to the family!" She then proceeded to tell everyone we were engaged. Oy. That was embarrassing to explain.

Someday someday someday.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Grandmas are great. You'll definitely be beating me to the altar! lol I have to meet him first though...=)